As Per Section-3 of Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Appropriate govt. fixes the minimum rates of wages payable to employees employed in employments specified in Part-I & Part – II
- The minimum rates of wages will be reviewed/ revised, for every five years, by the appropriate govt.
- Appropriate govt. can add any employment, to the schedule (part-I or part – II), wherein one thousand or more employees are found working
- Different minimum rates of wages may be fixed for different scheduled employments/ 9 different classes of work /different localities
- Wage periods- hour/day/month/any longer period
Mr.Rakesh Parmar-HR Ignite