Section 3 of the Act provides that no child shall be employed or permitted to work in any occupations or process except:-
- helps his family or family enterprise, which is other than any hazardous occupations or processes set forth in the Schedule, after his school hours or during vacations;
- works as an artist in an audio-visual entertainment industry, including advertisement, films, television serials or any such other entertainment or sports activities except the circus, subject to such conditions and safety measures, as may be prescribed.
- However no such work shall effect the school education of the child.
It may be noted that the expression:
- ‘‘family’’ in relation to a child, means his mother, father, brother, sister and father’s sister and brother and mother’s sister and brother;
Prohibition of employment of adolescents in certain hazardous occupations and processes:
- Section 3A provides that no adolescent shall be employed or permitted to work in any of the hazardous occupations or processes set forth in the Schedule.The hazardous occupations or processes set forth in the Schedule are as under:
- Inflammable substances or explosives
- Hazardous process.
- However, the Central Government may, by notification, specify the nature of the non-hazardous work to which an adolescent may be permitted to work under the Act.
Previous Relevant Blog
Mr. Rakesh ParmarHR Ignite