|2007||The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, 2012 was passed by the Lok Sabha|
|2010||The Bill was amended and re-introduced in the Lok Sabha|
|2012||The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, 2012 was passed by the Rajya Sabha.|
|September 03, 2012||December 09, 2013, as the effective date of the POSH Act and the POSH Rules.|
|February 26, 2013||The POSH Act received the President’s assent and was published in the Gazette of India as Act No. 14 of 2013.|
|April 23, 2013||The Indian Ministry of Women and Child Development notified|
|December 09, 2013||December 09, 2013, as the effective date of the POSH Act and the POSH Rules.|
Did you know???
An Act to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at the workplace and for the prevention and Redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- The Whole Act is Based on the Interpretation of 1. Workplace 2. Sexual Harassment
- Sexual harassment results in violation of the fundamental rights of a woman to equality under articles 14 and 15 of the Constitution of India and her right to life and to live with dignity under article 21 of the Constitution and her right to practice any profession or to carry on any occupation, trade or business with includes a right to a safe environment free from sexual harassment;
1. Short title, extent, and commencement
- This Act may be called the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
- It extends to the whole of India.
- It shall come into force on such date December 09, 2013, as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
Remaining Information we will cover in our upcoming article
- For Drafting Posh Policy in the company or giving full training and awareness program. Events programs on posh.
- Kindly contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, Surbhi@hrignite.in (9023241951)
Surbhi SoniPoSH Expert
- HR Generalist Practical Training
- Labor Law Training
- PoSH Training
- Advance Excel Training
- Corporate Training ( PoSH, Awareness Program, Soft Skill Training, HR Training, etc…)
- PF-ESI Registration
- Payroll Training