- came into effect eight years ago and has since provided a framework that public and private organizations must comply with to prevent and address sexual harassment at the workplace.
- In simple terms, it can be understood as unwanted direct or indirect sexual contact, remarks, or conduct on part of the male colleagues against their women colleagues at any workplace.
The POSH Act is legislation enacted by the Government of India in 2013 to address the issue of sexual harassment faced by women in the workplace. The Act aims to create a safe and conducive work environment for women and provide protection against sexual harassment Workplace sexual harassment is a form of gender discrimination that violates a woman’s fundamental right to equality and right to life, guaranteed under Articles 14, 15, and 21 of the Constitution of India (“Constitution”)
Workplace sexual harassment not only creates an insecure and hostile working environment for women but also impedes their ability to deliver in today’s competitive world. Apart from interfering with their performance at work, it also adversely affects their social and economic growth and puts them through physical and emotional suffering.
In our upcoming articles, you will find the answers to your questions and more details about the Act.
- For Drafting Posh Policy in the company or giving full training and awareness program. Events programs on posh.
- Kindly contact us: email@example.com, Surbhi@hrignite. in (9023241951)
Ms. Surbhi SoniPoSH Expert
- HR Generalist Practical Training
- Labor Law Training
- PoSH Training
- Advance Excel Training
- Corporate Training ( PoSH, Awareness Program, Soft Skill Training, HR Training, etc…)
- PF-ESI Registration
- Payroll Training